Totnes bridge was built in 1826 by architect Charles Fowler and stands just downstream of the old stone bridge that used to span the river. This bridge is the lowest crossing point on the river Dart and is one of two bridges that carry the main arterial routes though the town. This picture was taken from Vire Island and looking towards Bridgetown.
The tower of Bridgetown's St Johns Church is seen in the background.
St MARY'S CHURCH
St Mary's, situated in the middle of High Street, set back off the road and very close to the Guildhall has a magnificent 120' tower made of red Devonshire sandstone. One unusual point regarding the tower is that at 120 feet high it can be seen from all over Totnes, but it is hidden from many streets in the town.